5.20.2012

lantern

It is a belief of mine that everyone has a spark within them; something that glows under their many layers of skin (and armor) that wishes to meet with the kindling that will set them ablaze. Imagine--every person on this earth, each with a different, brightly-colored flame inside.

Imagine what it would be like to promise the start of each of their fires--and then turn off all the lights in the world.

Imagine how brilliant and colorful the planet would look from space.

................

Whatever's going to happen, will happen. I don't need a set path. I live in a time where more and more people are realizing that we don't need to have a rigid trajectory throughout our entire lives; that not everyone's story has, written within, the same skeleton plot.

I don't have a five-years-from-now vision. I don't have to have one. I don't feel, at this point, that I was meant to have a career-oriented adult life. That doesn't mean that I'll be hopping from job to part-time job for the rest of my days, living from paycheck to paycheck, but why worry just yet? I intend to live a life that I love, love the life I live.

I intend to live, whatever that encompasses. I've done fine so far.

No comments: